So I used to have this series called The Mommy List. Each week, I picked a topic and shared resources for moms that I loved, like Family Night Favorites, Party Dishes, Devotionals, and more. I love connecting people with resources, so these were some of my favorite posts to do! But I realized that the things I want to share really don’t just apply to moms. So, in the spirit of inclusion, The Mommy List (which took a loooong hiatus while I was rethinking it) will now be dubbed…
Yes. Friday Favorites. I know. It’s the most unique and clever name you’ve ever heard.
But it gets the point across, right? It probably won’t happen every Friday, more like once or twice a month. And I’ll still do a theme each time I post. Like today, we’re talking about online Bible studies for women!
I love online Bible studies, especially in this season of my life, when I have two littles running around, and making time for anything outside of the house is a chore. Online Bible studies make it easier for me to stay in the word AND connect with other women. Win, win!
And, for the record, I’ve tried ALL of these studies that I’m sharing with you. I’ll also tell you which is my favorite, and which I’m the most intrigued by!
The Best Online Bible Studies For Women:
1. Hello Mornings – Hello Mornings is a small group based study that runs for 6-week sessions. The women in charge of this group are phenomenal, and I highly recommend it. The unique thing about this study is that it’s not just Bible study, it’s really focused on starting your mornings the right way – through time with God, planning your day, and getting some exercise in! The small groups check in by a certain time each morning to hold each other accountable, and they are all organized by time zone & social media outlet. (You can choose a facebook group or a twitter group!)
2. Good Mornings Girls – This one is led by Courtney Joseph, who is one rock solid girl. I adore her honesty, how she is so completely passionate about sharing truth, and how she is 100% fully based in God’s Word. She’s doing a Blogging Through The Bible series right now and all the women who are participating in this study simply meet in the comments section of her blog a few days a week. Simple, but meaningful. You’ll find truth here. She wrote a fabulous book too, if you want to get your hands on it (which you should).
3. Love God Greatly – This is an offshoot of GMG, and has online groups you can join. They go through sessions and study something specific each session. These are also available in a ton of different languages, which is cool.
4. Proverbs 31 Online Studies – This is definitely more of a book study than a Bible study. Each session, they choose a book to go through, and each participant engages on a big forum. There are no small groups, no need to have Facebook or anything, just be able to read their bog each week for overviews, videos, homework, and memory verse suggestions. That may seem like a lot, but really, you can get as involved as you want – no one is checking up on you!
5. She Reads Truth – You bet I saved the best for last! SRT is my absolute favorite. I love that I can do it on my phone AND in my Bible, I love how many studies they have available, and I love that it’s something I’ve actually been able to stick with. It’s completely Scripture based, and all devotions focus on who God is and what He’s done, instead of who we are and what we should be doing. (Which, surprisingly, is a hard thing to find in a Bible study. Which is sad. But don’t get me started.) You can do SRT in a few ways – by following along with their blog online, by using their awesome app, or by purchasing their study guides. And you can follow along with whatever study they are doing live, OR pick one of their past studies to do on your own.
And there you go! Honestly, an online Bible study does not adequately replace the depth of having people in person each week who can pray with you in real life and encourage you in your day-to-day struggles, BUT it is a great option for people who aren’t in the right season to make an in-real-life Bible study work. I’ve used them on and off for many years. My current strategy is using the She Reads Truth app as a curriculum of sorts for my personal daily quiet times, and also participating in a topical women’s Bible study at my church one night a week.
Whatever you decide on, just get in the Word. God’s Word changes things, brings wisdom & understanding, gives reproof, and is the very thing we need each day. Don’t skip it. Figure out how to make a quiet time with the Lord a priority (I’ll go into how I do mine and what I use soon!), and you won’t regret it. I promise.
The links above may be affiliate links, which means that, at no extra cost to you, I earn a commission on your purchase through these links. Thank you so much for your support of this site! I appreciate you!
Start making time for what matters!
Join our community and you'll learn simple, effective ways to manage your time, home, and family, so that you can stop living overwhelmed and start making time for what matters most. Get started today with our FREE guide to creating a routine that works!