Let’s just be honest, Rice Krispie Treats are one of the staple desserts of motherhood.
Need a quick after-school snack? Rice Krispie Treats.
Want to whip up an easy dessert with your preschooler? Rice Krispie Treats.
Walking through the cereal aisle in Target and see that blue box? Rice Krispie Treats.
They are seriously one of my favorite quick & easy desserts. So, I’ve set out to perfect them.
Now, you might be saying, “Come on, Kayse, can you really mess up a Rice Krispie Treat?” And the answer is YES. Burn the butter. Make them too thin. Don’t add enough marshmallows. It is possible. But you don’t have to worry about that, cause I’m going to show you how to make the best Rice Krispie Treat on your block!
- 1 BIG box of Rice Krispies (Don’t skimp on brand here. Get the ones in the blue box!)
- 1 -16oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 1 stick of salted butter + a little extra
So, this is my secret. Are you ready?
Double the “normal” amounts, and add a little extra butter!
- Grease a 9×13 pan. You’re gonna use the same size pan, even though you’re doubling the recipe. The best treats are giant.
- Melt the whole stick of butter (plus an extra little sliver of your table butter) in a large pot on the stove over low heat. Don’t try to rush this! Burnt butter ruins the treats, so take your time!!
- Once the butter is melted, add that WHOLE BAG of marshmallows to the pot. Don’t be shy, just dump the whole thing in there. Stir well, until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Turn off the heat, and add in the Rice Krispies. I use somewhere in between 11 cups (if you want more marshmallow-y treats) & 11.5 cups (if you want crunchier treats) of Rice Krispies, which is why you need that big box! Stir well!! (hint: first spray your spoon with Pam or Olive Oil so that the sticky mix doesn’t stick to the spoon!)
- Dump the mixture into your pan. Flatten down with your hands (which I suggest either spraying with oil or getting slightly wet first! no sticky hands here!) and let cool.
- Eat a few before they cool all the way. Because come on. They’re the yummiest!
Follow those directions, and you’ll have the best giant Rice Krispie Treats around! Now, head off to that cereal aisle and get those supplies!
The links above may be affiliate links, which means that, at no extra cost to you, I earn a commission on your purchase through these links. Thank you so much for your support of this site! I appreciate you!
Start making time for what matters!
Join our community and you'll learn simple, effective ways to manage your time, home, and family, so that you can stop living overwhelmed and start making time for what matters most. Get started today with our FREE guide to creating a routine that works!